Friday, March 30, 2012

Fear is real, So are treasures


For both Max Ka'hanu Bumblebee Heintz's Birthday and Re-birthday I have been in desert landscapes with huge rocks. This morning I drank my cup of coffee on a great big orange stone sofa next to a juniper bush full of bumble bees in Joshua Tree National Park. One sting will kill me. Instead of moving away,  I just lay next to them. There is nothing to run from or toward.  Just this. Just this. Just this.  In my hands The Tibetan Book of the Dead and right there on page 39 is Rilke, “Our deepest fears are like dragons guarding our deepest treasure”. Yes. This path can be a tight rope of reckless and fearless. Reckless would be stepping into the juniper. Waking sleeping dragons is not my work.   I am interested in the fear that guards the treasure, and for that I am a student of the dragon slayer. My greatest fear as a mother was loosing my child.  One year ago today I held my son as he left his body.  Fear is real, so are treasures.   None of us stay. Some of us stay longer. My experience is that while we are here,  we are here to love.  I am bias. I am Max’s mom, but the amount of love that poured through his eight days is jackpot style.  What one year has done is reveal where all that gold has been scattered, planted, transformed and transcended.  Thank you for sharing your golden sprinkle Max stories with me.
I have been in ceremony for a full year. For many months there was a deep sense of urgency to gather all of the treasures Max was offering. I would pull all nighters downloading his teachings, afraid that I was going to miss something. I believe it was my way of transferring the neglect that accompanies the loss of your children.  By the way... this is one of the reasons there is such a charge around TIME for grieving parents.  More "time" equates to more abandonment. Of course your children are in the realms beyond time and space where abandonment is impossible. But this is not totally obvious at first. The umbilical chord is still pulsating. Not only is the veil thin, my experience is that it barely exists. Max was right there. The only thing that scared me was him leaving again. I am now anchored in that impossibility. At this one year mark, what I realize is that I have been growing wild fig tree roots. The madness of my willingness to stay totally in it has grounded me so deeply in his teachings it would be like being afraid of the fig tree bearing tangerines. Impossible.  Max only stayed up with me all night because I needed to stay up all night. He does not need me. He likes my company. I am his student, and like any great Guru what is being offered is the transformative quality of a relationship with our own heart. It is my journey.   This has been one of the most difficult pieces. Max loves me. He uses me as one vehicle to share his teaching. He has many vehicles. But he does not need me. He is pure LOVE.  Love does not need.

LOVE DOES NOT NEED. LOVE DOES NOT NEED.
I remember at times wishing I could be in relationship with my dead baby instead of my Heart Teacher that I was a vagina portal for. I was wearing a red Angels baseball hat when I realized that was never going to be the case. The former more devastating but more finite and less work. I could have chosen that path. There are really great books for that path. That path usually looks like this: "denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance".  That path just never resonated. My path is one of studentship to my own heart.  I am lucky. I have a teacher. We each have a unique path to that place. We make offerings and meet extraordinary teachers along the way. Max left for me to go the next level of the heart.  For me the question has never been “why”.  The question has always been “what now?”. So this afternoon we went for a walk in that big Mojave Desert with those peculiar spiky, twisted Joshua Trees and those huge monzogranite jungle gyms and here is what the earth shared when I asked “what now?” “Heather, Small human amongst these big rocks.  Even these small hidden rocks have big patience. So small human be in the big patience. Be in the big beauty. Keep walking the path.”
LET LOVE IN

3 comments:

phueng said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Wisdom.

Jeanine Caraway

Ramesh said...

how to get your love back by vashikaran mantra